You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted mail keeps reappearing

Every time I delete a message, it reappears in my inbox within a few few minutes. I can delete it over and over again and it will not remove the email. This has only begun in the past month and I have made NO changes to my mail accounts. I'm on an iMac running BigSur 11.2.1

iMac Pro

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 12:22 PM

1 reply

Feb 22, 2021 7:20 AM in response to adamfromma

Good Evening adamfromma,

We see that you're having a problem with being unable to delete emails on your Mac, and we understand how this can be inconvenient and confusing. We'd be glad to see how we can help with this.

Are you seeing that this happens with a restart of your Mac continuously or does this clear up for a little bit?

If you delete the email by logging into your email account online, not using the Mail app does the email remove from your inbox on the Mac as well?

Also, do you see if disconnecting your internet connection then connecting it again causes this to clear up?

We'd recommend using the Connection Doctor to see if this provides any information on what may be occurring with Mail. For assistance with this, take a look at the following resource:

Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac

We look forward to hearing from you.

Have a great night.

deleted mail keeps reappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.