You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

second hand ipod touch 6th generation will not activate

i'm royally PO'd at the moment. This is my issue. Purchased an ipod touch 6th generation (Pink) off of ebay. used but very good condition. it came today. very happy with what i saw. now here's the PO'd part of the story. I place it into my laptop. itunes pops up. ipod loads up...Hello...English...so on and so on. then it asks for the user id and password. so i enter mine. WRONG!! to activate the ipod i need the prior owners information. OR passcode. guess what...no luck. yes this ipod can be considered second hand. and if this person set it up as a find me to the icloud i am screwed until it is removed from the account it is linked to. i get all of this. BUT, is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY other than this if this person can not give/get me the information???? 250$ down the drain! please please please...anyone? thanks...

Tina

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 1:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 7:38 PM

Contact the seller and have him follow these instructions: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351

If the seller won't help you, file a claim with eBay.

2 replies

second hand ipod touch 6th generation will not activate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.