You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF will not save in Books

I am able to download and open a pdf in Books on my iPad (the default program that comes with iPad), but once I’m done reading it, it disappears. I can’t find it in my Books library or downloads, or anywhere else within Books. I have not had this issue with other PDFs. Usually when I download a PDF to Books (which I’ve done many times), it is saved automatically to the downloads area and I have the option to move it to another folder. But, with this particular PDF, I am only able to read it once, and then it disappears, nowhere to be found within Books, until I redownload it again online. I’m pretty sure it’s not a space issue, since I recently reset my iPad and have almost nothing installed on it. Anyone know whats going on here?

The PDF in question is the “downloadable rules” pdf available on this page:

https://ionsmg.com/products/bios-origins-second-edition

(It’s the rulebook for a boardgame. I’d post the direct link here, but it links to a Dropbox folder and so the direct link address probably looks scary.)

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 4:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 4:29 AM

Update: I was able to find a workaround for the problem. Upon downloading the PDF, I was able to email it to my gmail account instead of sending it directly to Books. That emailed PDF opened in Books and appears to have saved correctly. But an issue remains. Downloading and opening directly to Books from Dropbox produces a file which can be read only once and then seemingly disappears from the Books library.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 26, 2021 4:29 AM in response to drewkas

Update: I was able to find a workaround for the problem. Upon downloading the PDF, I was able to email it to my gmail account instead of sending it directly to Books. That emailed PDF opened in Books and appears to have saved correctly. But an issue remains. Downloading and opening directly to Books from Dropbox produces a file which can be read only once and then seemingly disappears from the Books library.

PDF will not save in Books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.