You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing my movies in TV app

I bought a new Mac mini with big Sur OS. It comes with the Apple TV app instead of iTunes. I have over 300 DVDs and Blu-Rays downloaded into iTunes. I have imported them into the new tv app but how can I watch them on my smart TVs? The library on the app only shows movie bought from apple.

Mac mini, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 10:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 10:52 AM

Thanks for clarifying, G-music89!

We have a better understanding of your question now. Try the link below, and see if that takes care of it for you.

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

Please let us know how it goes.

Best wishes!

3 replies

Feb 24, 2021 8:58 AM in response to G-music89

Hi G-music89,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you've imported your previous media files to the TV app, but aren't able to locate them to play them, correct? If so, we would love to help see if we can get the issue resolved for you. Let's go ahead and follow the steps we've linked for you below to make sure the files were imported correctly.

Change Files preferences in the Apple TV app on Mac

Import media on your Mac into the Apple TV app

Where’s my iTunes content on my Mac?

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

Playing my movies in TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.