You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need a SIM for iWatch 6 cellular

Do I need a SIM card for the Apple Watch 6 cellular?

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 8:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 12:24 AM

The SIM is built into the watch.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.2.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.;  HomePods, audioOS 14.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

3 replies

Feb 23, 2021 4:10 PM in response to thethirdoracle

In the US the majority of providers charge $10 a month for the Watch plan, but T-Mobile/Sprint charges $15 a month with a $5 discount if you use autopay* for your phone bill.

I have T-Mobile as my carrier and yes, my iPhone's calls ring on my watch, but my watch has its own telephone number.

*Autopay is where you permanently supply a credit card on your cellular account and the carrier charges your bill to that card each month.

BTW, if you pay your cellular phone bill with a Wells Fargo credit card (not a debit card), your cell phone is covered with insurance against damages, theft or loss for free.

Do I need a SIM for iWatch 6 cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.