You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change my Apple ID iCloud alias/email address?

Hello everyone,

I used a gmail address to create my Apple ID years ago. Apple gave me an iCloud alias identical to my gmail alias back then!

Now I've been using a new gmail address and have changed my "Apple ID" email (gmail) address accordingly. But I still see that old iCloud alias on my Apple ID everywhere in Settings, Mail, etc.

I even created a new iCloud alias identical to my new gmail address but it doesn't consider it as my "Apple ID alias". This is very confusing for me and I hope experts have a solution for this.

Thanks in advance

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 9:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 1:11 PM

Hello az84ca,

I don't use iCloud email but perhaps this support document may help?

iCloud: Use email aliases in iCloud Mail

https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/use-email-aliases-mm6b1a490a/icloud

- "Note: You can’t delete or turn off a primary @icloud.com email address."

3 replies

Feb 24, 2021 10:37 AM in response to Limnos

Thank you Limnos.

Actually I have seen that you can't change you first iCloud email address, but why?! Why apple doesn't let you change it?

If there is no way and I want to really get rid of seeing that old email address everywhere, is there another way? like making a new Apple account and moving everything (like apps, iTunes purchases, ) form old account to the new one?!

Thank you

How can I change my Apple ID iCloud alias/email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.