You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

slow to connect to internet after startup, this problem started after last update

After last update my MacBook Air is slow to connect to internet after startup. My Mac is connected to my WiFi but it takes some time to connect to internet (apron 1min) after the Mac is started up. It also happening when the Mac I opened from standbymodus.

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 1:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 2:18 AM

I have the same issue. Sporadically it just stops working after sleep, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Ever since the first version of Big Sur. Seems like a bug. I've reset all network configurations and manually added back my Wi-Fi, didn't do anything. Sometimes Safari completely crashes and I have to force quit it. Only thing that helps is to completely turn of Wi-Fi and back on again.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2021 2:18 AM in response to Sveingkr

I have the same issue. Sporadically it just stops working after sleep, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Ever since the first version of Big Sur. Seems like a bug. I've reset all network configurations and manually added back my Wi-Fi, didn't do anything. Sometimes Safari completely crashes and I have to force quit it. Only thing that helps is to completely turn of Wi-Fi and back on again.

slow to connect to internet after startup, this problem started after last update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.