You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it better to leave the MacBook connected to the charger when it completes the charging cycle at a rate of 100 Is this useful for the life of the battery?

Is it better to leave the MacBook connected to the charger when it completes the charging cycle at a rate of 100 Is this useful for the life of the battery?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 7:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 7:47 AM

It's neither particularly useful nor harmful.

The battery will stop charging when it reaches 100%, and resume charging when it loses 1 or 2% charge.

There is nothing wrong with leaving it charged or disconnecting it when it reaches 100%. It's entirely up to you, and what is convenient for you.

I leave it connected over night to charge, and may ver may not disconnect it during the day, I depending on wether I need to take it somewhere or not.

Link-> Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2021 7:47 AM in response to hamada132

It's neither particularly useful nor harmful.

The battery will stop charging when it reaches 100%, and resume charging when it loses 1 or 2% charge.

There is nothing wrong with leaving it charged or disconnecting it when it reaches 100%. It's entirely up to you, and what is convenient for you.

I leave it connected over night to charge, and may ver may not disconnect it during the day, I depending on wether I need to take it somewhere or not.

Link-> Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.