You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i remove all my photos from icloud

how do i remove or delete all my photos permanently from icloud?

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 10:47 AM

If syncing with iCloud, you can delete them from your device/computer and it will delete them from iCloud.

Two options.

You can do a manual delete at iCloud.com/Photos. Hold down the command while selecting the photos. Then click the Trash Can. You can also try selecting a moment, then click the Share button, and then cancelling the Share. The photos should remain selected.

or

Open Photos, go to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and set up syncing. Then go to System Preferences/iCloud or Apple ID, sign in, and check Photos syncing. Once all the Photos have synced to your computer, quit Photos. You should now have a complete compilation of your photos (like a Master Library). Reopen Photos with the option/alt key held down and create a new system Library. You can now delete photos from your devices while maintaining a master copy on the computer. Added photos can be exported from the new Library and imported into the Master Library. Turn off iCloud syncing when reverting to the Master Library.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2021 10:47 AM in response to lena176

If syncing with iCloud, you can delete them from your device/computer and it will delete them from iCloud.

Two options.

You can do a manual delete at iCloud.com/Photos. Hold down the command while selecting the photos. Then click the Trash Can. You can also try selecting a moment, then click the Share button, and then cancelling the Share. The photos should remain selected.

or

Open Photos, go to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and set up syncing. Then go to System Preferences/iCloud or Apple ID, sign in, and check Photos syncing. Once all the Photos have synced to your computer, quit Photos. You should now have a complete compilation of your photos (like a Master Library). Reopen Photos with the option/alt key held down and create a new system Library. You can now delete photos from your devices while maintaining a master copy on the computer. Added photos can be exported from the new Library and imported into the Master Library. Turn off iCloud syncing when reverting to the Master Library.

how do i remove all my photos from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.