You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen sharing

My Macbook Air won't connect to my iPad through screen sharing, when I click on the screen mirroring tab I get sent to display preferences. I'm using the same iCloud account on both and sharing the same wifi. I also have all my screen mirroring/sharing settings turned on for both devices. I'm not exactly sure on what to do.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 8:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 10:26 AM

Hi elza235,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having some trouble using Sidecar to use iPad as a second display for your Mac, correct? If so, we would love to help see if we can get the issue resolved for you. Let's go ahead and follow the steps we've linked for you below.

Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2021 10:26 AM in response to elza235

Hi elza235,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having some trouble using Sidecar to use iPad as a second display for your Mac, correct? If so, we would love to help see if we can get the issue resolved for you. Let's go ahead and follow the steps we've linked for you below.

Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

screen sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.