You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just one folder of saved mail in Apple Mail is missing

I use Apple Mail. After reading emails in by inbox, I trash ones I don't need and I save ones I do need in probably 20 folders. One of those folders is suddenly missing. I've searched discussion forums and found questions for users who have lost ALL folders, but that's not my problem. I see lots of my normal folders in their normal order. But one is missing. To show you what I mean, one mailbox used to be right here...

Ideas? How can I get it back? It's possible I'm missing another one or two that I haven't noticed yet, but right now I think it's just one. And the saved messages in the folders I have seem right.

thanks,

--JS

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 2:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 5:54 PM

Hi JS,

Happened to me one time ... found the missing folder inside one of the other folders!

(Must have unwittingly "swiped" it there. with the trackpad when it was highlighted?)

Guess you have tried searching for one of the e-mails in that missing folder to see if it is found ok ?

Hope it turns up for you.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 24, 2021 5:54 PM in response to jds91md

Hi JS,

Happened to me one time ... found the missing folder inside one of the other folders!

(Must have unwittingly "swiped" it there. with the trackpad when it was highlighted?)

Guess you have tried searching for one of the e-mails in that missing folder to see if it is found ok ?

Hope it turns up for you.

Feb 25, 2021 2:00 AM in response to brbo

Dear BRBO,

A few minutes before you wrote, the same thought occurred to me. What if in some message saving swiping move, the folder was inadvertently moved from its usual location to within another folder. And that's exactly what I found when I opened every folder. One of them contained the missing folder. Problem solved, thanks!

--JS

just one folder of saved mail in Apple Mail is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.