You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud

Why am I paying $.99 a month for storage when I don’t see where my photos are stored on the cloud?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 8:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 8:26 AM

If you are including photos in your iCloud backup, they are not visible in iCloud.com. No contents of the backup are visible in iCloud.

If you are using iCloud Photos, then the photos should be visible in iCloud because when you use iCloud Photos, it keeps your photos in sync and visible on all devices signed into your iCloud account and in iCloud itself.

You cannot use iCloud Photos and include photos in the backup. It is one of the other. This explains how to use iCloud Photos.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

A note of caution. iCloud Photos does not store your photos in the cloud as off device storage. If you delete a photo on your iOS device, you delete it in iCloud as well. Likewise, if you delete it in iCloud, it will be deleted from all of the devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 24, 2021 8:26 AM in response to bvanruden

If you are including photos in your iCloud backup, they are not visible in iCloud.com. No contents of the backup are visible in iCloud.

If you are using iCloud Photos, then the photos should be visible in iCloud because when you use iCloud Photos, it keeps your photos in sync and visible on all devices signed into your iCloud account and in iCloud itself.

You cannot use iCloud Photos and include photos in the backup. It is one of the other. This explains how to use iCloud Photos.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

A note of caution. iCloud Photos does not store your photos in the cloud as off device storage. If you delete a photo on your iOS device, you delete it in iCloud as well. Likewise, if you delete it in iCloud, it will be deleted from all of the devices.

Cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.