You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change Apple ID of Books, Movies and TV to be same as Apple ID of App Store?

On my MacBook, the App Store uses my actual Apple ID but Books, Movies, and TV use an old one. I need to change the settings so that all my services run on the current ID. I have taken the following steps but none of them have fixed my issue.

1. Signed out and back into the current Apple ID on my MacBook.
  2. Opened a device running on the older ID and removed my MacBook Pro from the Apple ID accounts.
  3. Tried to sign into current account instead of old account when the "sign in" message popped up upon opening Music after doing the previous step.

As I said, none of this worked. Could you please tell me how to change the Apple ID on all of my Apple services to the current one?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 7:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 8:38 PM

You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

1 reply

How to change Apple ID of Books, Movies and TV to be same as Apple ID of App Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.