You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to Yahoo from Apple Mail

I can't connect to mail servers of yahoo or gmx anymore out of Apple's mail app on my MacBook Air. Everything worked fine until 3 days ago when I could not send mails anymore, using the Yahoo account and stopped receiving mails from that account too. Yahoo mails work fine in the browser, so user name and password are correct. I followed the advice in an article in Apple help and tried removing the accounts and then set them up new, but I can't even complete the set-up, because Mail won't connect to the mail providers. The same problem exists when I try to set up accounts in Outlook. I have tried to use my iPhone's hotspot to connect, because I though maybe something is wrong with the router, but the problem remains the same. Any ideas?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 11:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 7:26 AM

Visit the Yahoo Mail website's help directions to configure for IMAP. Apple's Mail supports IMAP better than Yahoo's older configuration.

1 reply

Can't connect to Yahoo from Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.