You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur causes glitches

I installed Bug Sur yesterday and now videos will not play in Google Drive or Youtube. Also ZOOM and FB rooms acted very strangely today as a result of BIG SUR I guess? Is there a way to fix this or can I get rid of Big Sur please? Visds don't work in Safari Chrome or Firefox. Very frustrating

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 4:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 8:17 AM

If you have a backup from before the upgrade you can go back, but the issues you describe are NOT what most people experience in Big Sur. This suggests that something in your system is involved. If uou have any third party antivirus it may causing these blockages. Uninstall.

For more information and so we can give more tailored advice please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Etrecheck is a diagnostic utility you can get free from the App Store.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 28, 2021 8:17 AM in response to rublemusic

If you have a backup from before the upgrade you can go back, but the issues you describe are NOT what most people experience in Big Sur. This suggests that something in your system is involved. If uou have any third party antivirus it may causing these blockages. Uninstall.

For more information and so we can give more tailored advice please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Etrecheck is a diagnostic utility you can get free from the App Store.

Feb 28, 2021 8:33 AM in response to rublemusic

As my Learned Contributor @ Luis Sequeira 1 has already pointed out a Time Machine Backup may solve your the issue in Big Sur.

Something to consider if going back to previous working OS via the TM Restore process and Before attempting the upGrade to Big Sur at a later time:

Are there pre-existing Unresolved Software Issues. They should be resolved prior to upgrading - many will / may carryover to Big Sur making the system unstable / unusable.

Big Sur causes glitches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.