You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Can I Stop Gmail Emails From Showing Up In iCloud on my iMac and iPhone?

I didn't realize that every email sent to my Gmail account was also going into my iCloud account until my storage filled up and I looked at All Inbox and saw 71,401 emails in iCloud Inbox vs 549 in Gmail Inbox.

I do not use Mail anymore and have not for a long time but apparently I had "enabled" Gmail as an account at some point in the pasta and never disabled it.

I disabled Gmail in Mail preference but I am still getting the Gmail emails in iCloud.

How do I stop getting these in both places? I get my Gmail emails in Gmail and that is only place I want or need them.

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 8:34 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2021 10:11 AM in response to balthus99

You have created web rules on gmail account and forwarding as From say example1@gmail.com To example2@icloud.com the incoming mails from your senders will automatically move to iCloud mail address in its inbox see the article https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en#zippy=%2Cforward-to-multiple-accounts%2Cturn-automatic-fowarding-on-or-off

If iPhone and Mac are signed in with same Apple ID and password say example2@icloud.com pure syncing will occur .

You have disabled the gmail account in apple mail application , but the rules created in web gmail account are mirrored in IMAP account .

You can turn off mail forwarding .

Mar 1, 2021 10:53 AM in response to balthus99

Generally users don't make any changes in web accounts and keep as default , as if rules are created and you don't remember it , then its difficult to overcome , you can delete mails from iCloud.com select hundred mails or less and click on delete icon , don't select mails in thousands , however in latest version command and A works to select , avoid it as spinning beach ball will occur .

How Can I Stop Gmail Emails From Showing Up In iCloud on my iMac and iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.