You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud connections problems

Since update OS 11.2.2 the connection with iCloud falters. Resulting in problems with iCloud Drive, finder etc. I reinstalled twice and in the first hour everything works ok but later the problems start.

Please help

iMac 27″, 11.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 12:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 2:08 PM

Eric, same error in safe mode. In the meantime I got my system back working.

Reset NVRAM, did a complete EHBO of all disks . Then I stopped iCloud and made sure icloud documents were deleted from Mac, then reinstalled icloud. Finally installedd OS 11.2.3 latest update.

Mac works fine now.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 9, 2021 2:08 PM in response to Eric--F

Eric, same error in safe mode. In the meantime I got my system back working.

Reset NVRAM, did a complete EHBO of all disks . Then I stopped iCloud and made sure icloud documents were deleted from Mac, then reinstalled icloud. Finally installedd OS 11.2.3 latest update.

Mac works fine now.

Mar 3, 2021 10:23 AM in response to ronvane

Hi ronvane,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you're experiencing an issue with iCloud. We know how important it is to get this resolved, and we're happy to help.

If you're experiencing an issue connecting to iCloud, we recommend starting with the steps here: If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud

If that link doesn't help resolve the issue, let us know more about what's happening. Are you seeing any errors with iCloud?

Thanks

Mar 9, 2021 12:14 PM in response to ronvane

Hi ronvane,

Thanks for those details. Were you able to work through the previously shared resource? If so, were you able to successfully update to the latest macOS and test if this behavior continues? If not, we would like to have you upgrade, and you can see how here: How to update the software on your Mac

Also, let us know if you experience the same issue, or same error when using your Mac in safe mode. You can see how to restart in safe mode, and what steps to take if the issue is or is not present in safe mode here: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Thanks

Mar 4, 2021 7:22 AM in response to jdo_apple

Thanks jdo_apple for your answer.

The problem started after installalation of OS 11.2.2. In spite of a good internet connection my Mac tells me that a problem exists with the connection to iCloud. Finder is not responding all the time and needs to be often restarted. In Apps that uses iCloud, I had to change the options in iCloud drive. I had to uncheck the desktop & documents, because it was not possible to use them on my mac. Dragging a file to another spot was impossible and opening a file in the map desktop or icloud drive was a too lenghty process. Most of the time (not always) I then get error code -36.

In finder opening a file in the icloudrive gives me a minute or more of beachballing.

Thanks for helping

iCloud connections problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.