You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac won't find update to latest release Big Sur

My current Big Sur version is: 11.01. I know the newest Big Sur is 11.2.1.

But when I manually press search for updates it is saying that I have the newest version wich is not true?

See screenshot.

How can I push a new update to the Mac. (maybe a virus of something else is wrong) I get no errors by seaching for a new update

MacBook

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 12:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 2:19 AM

Since already on 11.0.1 which dates back to Nov 23, 2020 - what happens if Booting in Recovery Mode - Command + r - immediately at startup and choose Reinstall macOS ? In theory - the lasted Full Installer should come down and install. It might be 11.2 or 11.2.1 but doubt the 11.2.2 will come. If it works - at least there is just one more to come as of this writing.

If I were you, make a Time Machine before attempting anything more.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 2, 2021 2:19 AM in response to gjfun

Since already on 11.0.1 which dates back to Nov 23, 2020 - what happens if Booting in Recovery Mode - Command + r - immediately at startup and choose Reinstall macOS ? In theory - the lasted Full Installer should come down and install. It might be 11.2 or 11.2.1 but doubt the 11.2.2 will come. If it works - at least there is just one more to come as of this writing.

If I were you, make a Time Machine before attempting anything more.

Mac won't find update to latest release Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.