You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing mp4 files

I have a 2017imac running big sur and a 6th generation iPad4.

I have some mp4 workout videos on my iMac that i would like on my iPad for travelling. They play on quicktime. When I sync they do not show up anywheres that I can find to add them to my iPad. I have tried adding through iMovies and the iTunes movie file on finder (where millers knot is housed) and they do not show up. How do i make them (or any file) show up on this movie tab. I have black panther and thor on my desktop and only thor showing up there. This should not be this hard. Any suggestions?

iPod, iOS 9

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 6:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 8:46 AM

I actually figured it out after I posted. Big Sur eliminated iTunes - there is now "music" and "podcasts" mirroring the mobile setup. Movies are inside of "apple TV". Once I moved them there they showed up on the sync bar.

Similar questions

2 replies

syncing mp4 files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.