You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete a Note someone shared with me will they be notified?

So far my search results only show what happens when the owner deletes the note. But what happens if I delete a Note that was shared with me? Will the owner receive a notification and will I disappear from the list of people the note is shared with?

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 1:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 11:32 AM

Hi Soulrise.

We appreciate your comment in Apple Support Communities. We understand you'd like to know if you delete a Note that has been shared with you, will the owner of the Note be alerted.

No. The only alerts the owner of the shared Note will receive are if changes, like edits, are made. If you do delete the shared Note, the owner will have to share it with you again in order for you to make changes.

You can read more about shared Notes here:

Share your notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 6, 2021 11:32 AM in response to Soulrise

Hi Soulrise.

We appreciate your comment in Apple Support Communities. We understand you'd like to know if you delete a Note that has been shared with you, will the owner of the Note be alerted.

No. The only alerts the owner of the shared Note will receive are if changes, like edits, are made. If you do delete the shared Note, the owner will have to share it with you again in order for you to make changes.

You can read more about shared Notes here:

Share your notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

If I delete a Note someone shared with me will they be notified?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.