You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download Big Sur 11.2.2

Has anyone been able to download this update? It fails for me every time.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 4:41 PM

9 replies

Mar 6, 2021 6:34 PM in response to todd-g

todd-g Said:

"Cannot download Big Sur 11.2.2: Has anyone been able to download this update? It fails for me every time."

-------

Report this Bug:

This seems to be a bug catching on. So, report it to Apple. To do so...

Provide Apple with Feedback:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Software/Firmware Update" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

Mar 4, 2021 10:47 PM in response to todd-g

todd-g Said:

"Cannot download Big Sur 11.2.2: Has anyone been able to download this update? It fails for me every time."

-------

New User:

It took me three tries. I had to create a new user to install it.

Important:

Backup First: Know to always backup your mac prior to making any major change your Mac (i.e. update installation) that way you would have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong after you make the change. 

Mar 5, 2021 4:10 AM in response to todd-g

Suggest Shutdown Router, Shutdown Computer. Restart Router. Disconnect all external drive and connect computer via Ethernet Cable - Wifi is iffy at best. Restart computer in Recovery Mode - Command + r - Immediately at startup, Presented with options - Choose Reinstall macOS. This should in theory download the Full Installer of the most up-to-date version of macOS Big Sur. Once is does its' magic and installs ( fingers crossed ) follow all prompts. It should eventually present the Setup Assist under Macs 11.2 1 or maybe 11.2.2 ( latest at this time).

If attempting via Wifi same procedure as above except - Disconnect ALL OTHER device using the Wifi. Want the Max Bandwidth for this computer.

Cannot download Big Sur 11.2.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.