You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found an ipad, trying to get it back to the owner. How do I notify them? Any suggestions??

Found an ipad, trying to get it back to the owner. How do I notify them? Any suggestions??

iPad (6th gen) WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 8:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 8:30 AM

Unless the iPad has been remotely placed into its “lost mode” and is displaying contact information or message from the owner, you’ll not be able to identify or directly trace the owner. Apple will also not assist with tracing or return.

You would be best advised to turn-in the device to the relevant authorities.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 5, 2021 8:30 AM in response to johnferin21

Unless the iPad has been remotely placed into its “lost mode” and is displaying contact information or message from the owner, you’ll not be able to identify or directly trace the owner. Apple will also not assist with tracing or return.

You would be best advised to turn-in the device to the relevant authorities.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.