You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I buy 4 TB of space in iCloud?

Why can’t I buy 4 TB of space on iCloud from Apple? I’m willing to pay for it ...I need this much space for all of my photos and videos that I work with on a daily basis and cannot erase!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 10:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 11:22 PM

You would be better off buying a 4TB external drive or larger, this will be cheaper, faster and more convenient.

iCloud is not an ideal solution for large repositories of data, it is too slow to upload and download from.

It is really only suitable for synching data between macs and mobile devices.

If your data is so important to you, then it is better to have your own back up strategies at home/ office etc

rather than rely on a third party.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 5, 2021 11:22 PM in response to billandthebears

You would be better off buying a 4TB external drive or larger, this will be cheaper, faster and more convenient.

iCloud is not an ideal solution for large repositories of data, it is too slow to upload and download from.

It is really only suitable for synching data between macs and mobile devices.

If your data is so important to you, then it is better to have your own back up strategies at home/ office etc

rather than rely on a third party.

Mar 6, 2021 1:38 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Thank you for your quick and helpful answer! As a matter of fact I have ordered an external 5 TB hard drive and I’m going to use that as my time machine for backing up all the information! 5 TB should hold me for a while! But I am interested in Apple one which I’m not familiar with and I will do some investigating there as well ...thank you again so much!

Why can’t I buy 4 TB of space in iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.