You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my music stored in the Icloud? If so, how do I access it?

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 11:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 12:27 PM

It depends on what you need.

If you only want the files to be backup somehow, you can place them in Documents folder on your Mac, for exemple, or a folder synchronized in a Windows PC.

Those files can't be played with Music app on your phone. To do that you'll have to put them on Music/iTunes library and sync them with your iPhone.

You can also use Apple Music service and sync your local Music library with it. Once done you'll have access both to your music library and also Apple Music service library combined. Have in mind Apple Music is a monthly subscription service.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 7, 2021 12:27 PM in response to brownnie

It depends on what you need.

If you only want the files to be backup somehow, you can place them in Documents folder on your Mac, for exemple, or a folder synchronized in a Windows PC.

Those files can't be played with Music app on your phone. To do that you'll have to put them on Music/iTunes library and sync them with your iPhone.

You can also use Apple Music service and sync your local Music library with it. Once done you'll have access both to your music library and also Apple Music service library combined. Have in mind Apple Music is a monthly subscription service.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.