You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't get to the specifications website for my macbook

I can't connect to the specifications website through my apple menu/about this mac/support/specifications. Trying to figure out if I can connect an external monitor to my 2017 macbook pro. I get error "support.apple.com redirected you too many times. Try clearing your cookies". I've cleared all the cookies and unblocked all the web security.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 3:30 PM

7 replies

Mar 8, 2021 4:45 PM in response to ivicky

Hi ivicky,

Welcome to the Apple Community, where some of us do our best to help each other.

Mmmm. I got an error message too, when I tried the same "specifications" connection just now.

Wondering if you are you using Big Sur ?

... or you may be able to select your version at the top of the page of the User Guide that opens via the link:

Use an external display with your MacBook Pro:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/macbook-pro/apd8cdd74f57/mac

Hope this helps with enough info., or please feel free to post again.

Cheers

Mar 9, 2021 2:53 PM in response to ivicky

Thank you for replying, ivicky,

So, now we know you have a 13" 2017 MacBook Pro. (could be the two ports, or four ports model)

Wondering which operating system you are running.

Thinking it is possible to add an external monitor, if you have the right cable to connect the two.

In some cases, it seems an adapter is needed, sometimes not.

Consulting the correct manual for your MacBook Pro (two or four ports) should help provide the info.

You can find the particular user-guide from the link below. You'll need to scroll down to it

You can then search the manual for "Use an external display" to find out what you need to connect the two.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201300

All the best!

can't get to the specifications website for my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.