You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thumbnail photo removal from Home Page

How do I remove all my thumbnail photos from my Home Page. They cover the whole screen and I can't see anything underneath. I do have all my photos in PHOTOS. I am just a little worried about clearing without loosing anything. I have a MacAir M1.

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 10:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 11:09 AM

If by “home page” you mean your desktop, and if you have imported all of those photos into photos, and you have Photos set up to store the photos in the library, then there should be no reason you can’t delete them.

You can set up the Photos app to not copy the files into the library but reference them from wherever they are. So, if you have it set up that way, those would be the actual files, and you should not delete them without changing something.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 9, 2021 11:09 AM in response to 9935-30

If by “home page” you mean your desktop, and if you have imported all of those photos into photos, and you have Photos set up to store the photos in the library, then there should be no reason you can’t delete them.

You can set up the Photos app to not copy the files into the library but reference them from wherever they are. So, if you have it set up that way, those would be the actual files, and you should not delete them without changing something.

Thumbnail photo removal from Home Page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.