You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTune music Recovery

I had music saved on iTunes and when I synced my iPhone X Max to a new MacBook Pro, I am missing music. How do I get my old music back?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 10:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 1:46 PM

Syncing the library on a computer should not remove any content on the computer, though it may remove content from the device. Check the hard drive to see if you music files really have gone missing, or for reasons unknown are no longer listed in your library. If needs be restore media from any backup, previous computer, or other device where appropriate.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 9, 2021 1:46 PM in response to JDH56

Syncing the library on a computer should not remove any content on the computer, though it may remove content from the device. Check the hard drive to see if you music files really have gone missing, or for reasons unknown are no longer listed in your library. If needs be restore media from any backup, previous computer, or other device where appropriate.

tt2

iTune music Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.