You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't import photos from iPhone IOS14.4 to iMac running Mojave

The Photos program on my iMac has just recently stopped importing photos from my iPhone. After a long delay it comes up with the error message 9934

Tried also to save the photos to a new folder using Preview but had the same error message. I can Airdrop them but that is extremely tedious. Any thoughts?

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 7:57 AM

8 replies

Mar 13, 2021 11:39 PM in response to MikeIsles

I had this problem for the past few days, plus half the time Photos wouldn't even recognise that there were new photos to import. When it did, many preview images were just grey boxes and even the ones that loaded preview eventually timed out and gave error -9934 on importing. What eventually worked for me:

• Connected phone to a family member's Windows10 PC and access the new photos via both folder copy-paste and by importing from within Win10's Photos app
  • After connecting phone back to my Mac laptop, it now worked perfectly, imported 1600 photos in a matter of minutes.

I have NO IDEA why or how this worked. But since it did, it's probably worth trying.

Apple Support's other suggestions were using the Recovery utility to reinstall the OS (they say there's an option that won't wipe your data / reimage the machine, only restore system files to their standard in case some are corrupt, missing, etc.). But I wouldn't definitely back up your machine before trying that.

Apr 10, 2021 10:38 PM in response to aislingkitten

Hi,

1. just disable Icloud for photos , go to setting -photos- off the icloud Photos , just slide it to left to make it off
  2. if it still not work do a complete restore with latest ios ipsw file but don't forget to backup first
  3. remove itune completely and uninstall with like revo uninstaller , reboot install again
  4. restore backup and do the step 1 , it will surely work
  5. if u need icloud photo or video files you can download from icloud because it will ask to delete from iphone . but later files accessible as usual like earlier

Can't import photos from iPhone IOS14.4 to iMac running Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.