You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my imac is currently on the macOS High Sierra operating system. when i go into the app store to update the OS system there is no update available. How can i update my OS to the Big Sur

how do i update to the Big Sur operating system

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 3:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 3:16 PM

that would depend on the year and size of your imac. you can check compatibility for big sur and find the download here: How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur - Apple Support.

if it's not compatible with big sur, you can check compatability for an older (but more recent than high sierra macOS) here:

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2021 3:16 PM in response to peteypie8

that would depend on the year and size of your imac. you can check compatibility for big sur and find the download here: How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur - Apple Support.

if it's not compatible with big sur, you can check compatability for an older (but more recent than high sierra macOS) here:

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

my imac is currently on the macOS High Sierra operating system. when i go into the app store to update the OS system there is no update available. How can i update my OS to the Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.