You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with getting activation lock off my iPhone 7

I tried to reset my iPhone 7 to factory reset and now the activation lock is on it. I know my apple id and password but says wrong id

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 3:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 3:51 PM

I understand that you have run into the Activation Lock. It appears that the Apple ID that you are seeing on the screen is not yours. This is why if you enter your Apple ID and Password then it is NOT going to work. You need the password of the Apple ID that is displayed on the screen. The Apple ID that you are seeing is probably the Apple ID of the previous owner/seller. Contact that person who sold you the iPhone and get the password so that you can remove the Activation Lock.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2021 3:51 PM in response to gmasue70

I understand that you have run into the Activation Lock. It appears that the Apple ID that you are seeing on the screen is not yours. This is why if you enter your Apple ID and Password then it is NOT going to work. You need the password of the Apple ID that is displayed on the screen. The Apple ID that you are seeing is probably the Apple ID of the previous owner/seller. Contact that person who sold you the iPhone and get the password so that you can remove the Activation Lock.

Axel F.

Mar 11, 2021 3:53 PM in response to gmasue70

So u can do o quick verification if is that acc associated with the device go to icloud.com enter with ur apple id go to the voice find my / all my devices / if isnt there the iphone it means that isn't the acc associated with ur device...if u can't find the acc u need the original sale recipe so u can start a procedure to remove activation lock...if cant find none of it apple can't remove activation lock

Help with getting activation lock off my iPhone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.