You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samson carbon 61 on mackbook air 2020

hey,

I'm trying to connect my USB Midi keyboard to my computer so I can record instruments on Logic Pro x and the Mac doesn't recognize the keyboard

what should I do?

MacBook

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 6:37 AM

1 reply

Mar 13, 2021 7:55 AM in response to eden0034

Hi there, it seems like a plug-and-play keyboard so it should work straight away.

If you open the Audio MIDI Setup.app on your Mac (spotlight search to find it), tap on the Window menu and > Show MIDI Studio, can you see you MIDI keyboard there? if you tap on the keyboard icon when you play your keyboard you will hear a sound.

You can contact their Support , check here > http://www.samsontech.com/site_media/support/manuals/How_To_Guide-Updating_Your_Carbon_Series_Firmware_V3.0.pdf

if a Firmware update is required and also and with that Warning on the right of the page I would definitely return it :)

Samson carbon 61 on mackbook air 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.