You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frequently disconnect wifi in BigSur 11.2

My wifi disconnect frequently in BigSur 11.2

the wifi has no problem with other devices such as- My phone & My Window Pc

What should I do

there also no problem with my phone hotspot with my MacBook air

What should I do ??

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 3:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 3:48 AM

There are many possible issue than can effect the Wifi Connection. Is the Router broadcasting in both 2.4 gHz and 5 gHz range using the same SSID? Are there Other Wifi Signals interfering with yours? Can you identify which Signal you are connecting to the 2.4 gHz or 5 gHz band? The 2.4 gH band is better if there objects between the computer and the Router. The 5 gHz is faster and less prone to outside interference but one needs to have a Direct-Line-of-Sight for good and stable connections.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 13, 2021 3:48 AM in response to satyabratanayak

There are many possible issue than can effect the Wifi Connection. Is the Router broadcasting in both 2.4 gHz and 5 gHz range using the same SSID? Are there Other Wifi Signals interfering with yours? Can you identify which Signal you are connecting to the 2.4 gHz or 5 gHz band? The 2.4 gH band is better if there objects between the computer and the Router. The 5 gHz is faster and less prone to outside interference but one needs to have a Direct-Line-of-Sight for good and stable connections.

Frequently disconnect wifi in BigSur 11.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.