You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain Clean Up

When I enter Keychain it only allows viewing for a short time frame. Is there a way to keep it open? I would like to clean it up and remove P/W's that are no longer applicable.

Can I print an entire list of Keychain Passwords? Selecting each one at a time and then writing down the info is difficult to say the least. In most cases it times out before I can copy down the data fields.

Any suggestions to help me clean it up would be appreciated.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 7:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 11:20 AM

Hello Jmsfmtex,

Your keychain will only show you the window for a short time frame for security reasons.

You can export your keychain using this article: Import and export keychain items using Keychain Access on Mac

Specifically the section titled "Export keychain items."

We would also recommend leaving feedback for us here: Apple Feedback

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2021 11:20 AM in response to jmsfmtex

Hello Jmsfmtex,

Your keychain will only show you the window for a short time frame for security reasons.

You can export your keychain using this article: Import and export keychain items using Keychain Access on Mac

Specifically the section titled "Export keychain items."

We would also recommend leaving feedback for us here: Apple Feedback

Cheers!

Mar 15, 2021 11:26 AM in response to i_rina

Thank you for the link. Every time I try to look up something it vanishes before I find what I am looking for. A little frustrating to say the lease. Security, which I have been involved in my entire life, is one thing but causing problems and frustration is not good either. Thanks again for the link. Have a great day and stay healthy.

Mar 15, 2021 11:38 AM in response to jmsfmtex

I took a look at what you had suggested and the feature does not allow me to do what I want. I also tried looking up the transferring to an iPad... They are all far more complicated than I care to deal with. I certainly do not want to contaminate my existing data. In any case I will just live with what I have. The few that really matter to me can be written down and saved. Thank you again for your time and very helpful suggestions.

Keychain Clean Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.