You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix watch stuck on erase settings tab

Would you like to know how to fix watch stuck on "erase settings"?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 8:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
3 replies

Mar 13, 2021 8:12 PM in response to karyn1966

Ok, my Apple watch series 3 froze today and screen asked if I would like to "erase all settings". After reading how to do a force start, nothing worked!!!! I read at least ten ideas online, to no avail.

However, I was reading a blog today and fixed my watch just like the other reader suggested.

I gently put my watch in a glass of warm water to "unfreeeze" my watch's side power button. I had nothing to lose as I had no Apple Care to protect my watch or replace it. I either gave it a try or tossed the watch. OMG!!!! It worked. I placed my watch in warm water for no more than 30 seconds and it started to re-launch itself.

I simply re-paired my watch to my phone, took a few minutes... but I got my watch back. I was so relieved.

It sounds crazy but TRUE. I am so happy to have my watch up and running again.

How to fix watch stuck on erase settings tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.