You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote crashing

Hi!

This has happened various times but I haven't had the time to write it. In Keynote 14 point whatever the newest version is, I can open and edit keynote presentations but, when I want to present it, it keeps on buffering and when I go to force quit it says the application has stopped responding. I am on macOS Catalina but due to compatibility issues I cannot get Big Sur (as much as I want to 😭). Please help! Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 6:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 10:43 AM

The latest version of Keynote is 10.3.9 as of 14 March 2021.

With Keynote open, go to Keynote> About Keynote, what is the version number shown?

As a first step in correcting this issue,

• move the Keynote application to the bin, then empty the bin.
  • Restart the Mac (Apple Menu > Restart) then immediately press the shift key on the keyboard, keep it held down until the Apple icon displays. The Mac will perform a software repair and will take longer to start up.
  • When the Mac has fully booted, restart the Mac normally.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 14, 2021 10:43 AM in response to sof513

The latest version of Keynote is 10.3.9 as of 14 March 2021.

With Keynote open, go to Keynote> About Keynote, what is the version number shown?

As a first step in correcting this issue,

• move the Keynote application to the bin, then empty the bin.
  • Restart the Mac (Apple Menu > Restart) then immediately press the shift key on the keyboard, keep it held down until the Apple icon displays. The Mac will perform a software repair and will take longer to start up.
  • When the Mac has fully booted, restart the Mac normally.

Keynote crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.