You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10 years later, still no way to share my iPad with my kids!

I fully understand that Apple wants us to buy one device per user, but does this really make send

when we see that iPadOS and macOS are getting more and more closer and near to

compatible.

But I still cannot understand why Apple allows me to create multiple accounts on a mac and not on an iPad.

Are Apple engineers unable to find a secure and practical way or is it a marketing

decision to prevent that from happening... while on the other side this has been implemented long time back on jailbroken devices.

Is this a lost battle for Apple users?

Regards,

A "frustrated" happy Dad with twins...

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 12:15 PM

Whilst multi-user support exists in centrally managed Educational environments, for consumer devices, iPad and iPhone follows a “single-user” paradigm - meaning that logged-in services generally relate to a single-user. At this time, iOS/iPadOS does not support the concept of multiple user profiles.

When (or even if) this model will change, nobody here can offer definitive comment.

Apple do invite constructive feedback, comment and feature requests via their product feedback pages:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

If you have a strong views, submitting feedback is perhaps the most appropriate channel through which to make your feelings known to Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2021 12:15 PM in response to Nuvin

Whilst multi-user support exists in centrally managed Educational environments, for consumer devices, iPad and iPhone follows a “single-user” paradigm - meaning that logged-in services generally relate to a single-user. At this time, iOS/iPadOS does not support the concept of multiple user profiles.

When (or even if) this model will change, nobody here can offer definitive comment.

Apple do invite constructive feedback, comment and feature requests via their product feedback pages:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

If you have a strong views, submitting feedback is perhaps the most appropriate channel through which to make your feelings known to Apple.

10 years later, still no way to share my iPad with my kids!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.