You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trojan virus

I had an alert that I had a Trojan virus. What do I do for that? How do I know it is legit?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 10:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 10:24 AM

Scam. Ignore it. Remote websites cannot scan your device storage for malware. If they could scan for malware, the scammers would just steal all our data directly and wouldn’t bother trying to scam us.

There are lots of these scams, of various sorts, seeking various information or access from us.

Scam Pop-ups, Scam Viruses, Scam Receipts… - Apple Community

There is however a very persistent and quite incorrect belief that iPhone either cannot get malware (false, iPhone can get malware) or must be jailbroken to get malware (more likely to get malware, but not a requirement. iPhone can get malware and there does exist malware for iPhone, but it’s fairly rarely in circulation. And in this case, it’s “just” another pop-up advertisement that’s lying to its readers (us). Keep your devices patched to current, etc.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 16, 2021 10:24 AM in response to tressa2323

Scam. Ignore it. Remote websites cannot scan your device storage for malware. If they could scan for malware, the scammers would just steal all our data directly and wouldn’t bother trying to scam us.

There are lots of these scams, of various sorts, seeking various information or access from us.

Scam Pop-ups, Scam Viruses, Scam Receipts… - Apple Community

There is however a very persistent and quite incorrect belief that iPhone either cannot get malware (false, iPhone can get malware) or must be jailbroken to get malware (more likely to get malware, but not a requirement. iPhone can get malware and there does exist malware for iPhone, but it’s fairly rarely in circulation. And in this case, it’s “just” another pop-up advertisement that’s lying to its readers (us). Keep your devices patched to current, etc.

Mar 20, 2021 7:04 PM in response to suna225

suna225 wrote:

I received this pop up from a webpage. Downloaded the app then deleted after it asked for money. What do I do now?

Stop believing advertisers.

Whatever has happened to your data—if that app accessed anything else or uploaded anything—due to that downloaded app has already happened. Nothing you csn do about that.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Trojan virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.