You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Big Sur Finder Crashing

I am running MacOS Big Sur, 11.2.3 (20D91) -- where I am experiencing the Finder crashing from time to time. That is, suddenly all my desktop icons disappear where I need to "pkill -i Finder" which restarts and fixes the problem.

Is anyone experiencing this?

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 12:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 12:55 PM

To respond to your question, I'm not experiencing this on either my 2018 Mac mini or 2020 MacBook Pro (Intel). I'm sure you have already tried a number of things, but just in case, I suggest giving the following a go:

• Create a new user account. Log out of your existing account, and then, log back in with the new account.
  • Boot up in Safe Mode
  • Run an EtreCheck report. I'm sure you are familiar with this app. Post the results if you need any assistance with it.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 17, 2021 12:55 PM in response to Forrest

To respond to your question, I'm not experiencing this on either my 2018 Mac mini or 2020 MacBook Pro (Intel). I'm sure you have already tried a number of things, but just in case, I suggest giving the following a go:

• Create a new user account. Log out of your existing account, and then, log back in with the new account.
  • Boot up in Safe Mode
  • Run an EtreCheck report. I'm sure you are familiar with this app. Post the results if you need any assistance with it.

Apr 7, 2021 6:35 AM in response to Forrest

my finder has issues often now with Big Sur also. I use a server for work so I have a lot of issues connecting to that now, I can only do it once without restarting. Can't open a new window and go to it without saying connecting.... transferring files and some won't delete, or it will just freeze up mid-transfer. Very annoying. Big Sur has been a big problem so far.

MacOS Big Sur Finder Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.