You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I connect my apple watch to a phone but have a different provider for the data/wireless plan?

I currently have 2 phones--one is my corporate phone and one is my personal one. I keep my corporate phone because it has all the necessary certificates to get access to my email and calendar.

I want to pair my watch to my corporate phone so I can get email and calendar notifications without having to lug around my corporate phone. My watch has a data plan with T-Mobile under my personal account, but when I try to pair it with my corporate phone, it is trying to activate it with the corporate carrier (AT&T).

Is there a way that I can activate my T-Mobile data plan for my watch, while paired with my corporate device which is on AT&T?

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 2:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 2:43 PM

The watch and phone must be with the same network provider.

Similar questions

1 reply

Can I connect my apple watch to a phone but have a different provider for the data/wireless plan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.