You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting apps on apple watch

How to delete apps installed on apple watch?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 3:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 3:12 PM

Press the Digital Crown to go to the Home Screen. Then if you have your apps in a grid view, tap and hold on an icon until they jiggle and then tap the X button that appears over the app. If your apps are in a list view, swipe on them and tap the trash icon.

9 replies

Apr 1, 2021 1:31 AM in response to Jabby09

That's an interesting question Jabby09. Which apps are you having trouble deleting? There are apps that I would like to cull from the apps screen too to thin it out. Take Memoji as an example. Using grid view, if I press down on the icon until the icons jiggle, and the Memoji app appears with a x, and then tap on the x I get a screen saying do you really want to do this. Well I am not sure about that so I have not tapped the delete command, but the process seems to work. Equally if I use the list view and swipe the app I get the trash icon so that also seems to work. However, there are apps that don't show with the x or the trash icon and I think they are connected to the iPhone, or built in so that you cannot delete them. So Maps won't delete and Breath will for example.

Apr 1, 2021 9:28 AM in response to Jabby09

Tap on screen time.

Then content and privacy settings

Then iTunes and App Store purchases

Then deleting apps set this to allow.

Install apps set this to allow.

You can now delete apps on the watch.

Deleting apps on apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.