You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete Safari history ?

I cannot delete my Safari history because the "clear history" is not highlighted. I can see it but I cannot select it. Do I have to change some settings ?

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 10:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 4:33 AM

I also tried this: Command all > right click > delete, but it does not delete. Instead it just reverts to highlighting one line. I right click on that one line > delete , but to no avail.

I also tried this: Command all > drag to trash bin , but that doesn't work either.

I wonder if I need to change some settings on the computer ?

I wonder if there are analysts who have prevented me from deleting my browsing history so that they can track my browsing history ?

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2021 4:33 AM in response to Eric Root

I also tried this: Command all > right click > delete, but it does not delete. Instead it just reverts to highlighting one line. I right click on that one line > delete , but to no avail.

I also tried this: Command all > drag to trash bin , but that doesn't work either.

I wonder if I need to change some settings on the computer ?

I wonder if there are analysts who have prevented me from deleting my browsing history so that they can track my browsing history ?

How to delete Safari history ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.