You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up an iPhone's downloaded Music content, without access to the old iTunes

Hi, This isn't as convoluted as the title states, but I haven't found an answer online.

My current phone was tied to an iTunes account that has been lost to a damaged hard drive. I have many playlists and songs that didn't get backed up before the hard drive crash. How can I back-up or offload these files from my phone and be able to access/restore them?

I have 54.GB of music files but the iCloud options don't seem to have a place to store them. What am I supposed to do?

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 10:43 AM

2 replies

Mar 19, 2021 10:45 AM in response to moby_dyckens

moby_dyckens wrote:

Hi, This isn't as convoluted as the title states, but I haven't found an answer online.

My current phone was tied to an iTunes account that has been lost to a damaged hard drive. I have many playlists and songs that didn't get backed up before the hard drive crash. How can I back-up or offload these files from my phone and be able to access/restore them?

I have 54.GB of music files but the iCloud options don't seem to have a place to store them. What am I supposed to do?

YOu will need a 3rd party software like touch copy to move music from your phone to a new pc.

Backing up an iPhone's downloaded Music content, without access to the old iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.