You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an email I don't want to send stuck in the send cycle so that I am asked for the password over and over. How can I delete this email?

I have an email I don't want to send stuck in the send cycle so that I am asked for the password over and over. How can I delete this email?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 12:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 12:36 PM

It’s usually in your outbox (sending) folder, or might also accessible from the ISP webmail interface.

If you can’t delete it from the send folder, try going network-offline and then try deleting it anew.

Or fix the account or SMTP server setting in Mail > Preferences > Accounts

Some ISPs will temporarily disable an account with too many login failures, too.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 19, 2021 12:36 PM in response to Flight Doc

It’s usually in your outbox (sending) folder, or might also accessible from the ISP webmail interface.

If you can’t delete it from the send folder, try going network-offline and then try deleting it anew.

Or fix the account or SMTP server setting in Mail > Preferences > Accounts

Some ISPs will temporarily disable an account with too many login failures, too.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.