You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 15 Early 2011 running slow and freezing

my MacBook Pro running slow,

sometimes working normally and sometimes slow like freezing

it has a intel HD graphics video card 3000 384 MB,

if someone can be help me to fix it .

I updated to SSD hard and 8 gb Ram, but still the same problem

thank you.

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 5:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 5:41 PM

First, get a complete and current backup, if you do not already have one.

This is important: get a backup. Now.

If you do not already have a complete and current backup of this Mac, get one Right Now.

This because you might have failing hardware.

Specifically, a failing hard disk drive is a possibility.

A common thing many folks try—when presented with failing hardware—is running diagnostics, maybe reloading apps, and file system repairs, and tests, and, well, generating lots of I/O. To what might be failing hardware. I/O which a failing hard disk can limit, as it continues to degrade.

Choose your I/O usage wisely.

Choose a backup.

Once you have a complete and current backup, download and install and run EtreCheck. Within EtreCheck, share the report to the clipboard. Then open a new reply here, press the button that looks like a printed page to get a text input box big enough to paste the hardware and software configuration report here. With that report, we can tell more about the condition of your system, including whether the storage may be failing.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 20, 2021 5:41 PM in response to ramiaidn15

First, get a complete and current backup, if you do not already have one.

This is important: get a backup. Now.

If you do not already have a complete and current backup of this Mac, get one Right Now.

This because you might have failing hardware.

Specifically, a failing hard disk drive is a possibility.

A common thing many folks try—when presented with failing hardware—is running diagnostics, maybe reloading apps, and file system repairs, and tests, and, well, generating lots of I/O. To what might be failing hardware. I/O which a failing hard disk can limit, as it continues to degrade.

Choose your I/O usage wisely.

Choose a backup.

Once you have a complete and current backup, download and install and run EtreCheck. Within EtreCheck, share the report to the clipboard. Then open a new reply here, press the button that looks like a printed page to get a text input box big enough to paste the hardware and software configuration report here. With that report, we can tell more about the condition of your system, including whether the storage may be failing.

MacBook Pro 15 Early 2011 running slow and freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.