You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 Bluetooth issue

Bluetooth randomly disconnects from AirPods/Bluetooth devices when playing games or listening to music. Sometimes when playing music there is a distortion. Could this be a hardware problem?

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 10:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 5:47 AM

It's impossible to tell without doing some basic checks first.

• Update the AirPods - put them in the case, close the lid, and plug in the charging cable. Leave your phone nearby and don't touch anything for 30 minutes.

• Try resetting the AirPods. Forget it in Bluetooth on your phone. Then put the AirPods in the case, hold setup button - don't let go until the light changes color (mine takes 20 seconds). Your phone should ask you to setup "AirPods" instead of your name like "Joe's AirPods". Otherwise, repeat.

• Check if your phone is connected to other Bluetooth things like Apple Watch - disconnect and see if that helps. I find that interference around me like wireless keyboard/mouse sometimes drops the connection.

• If you have another iPhone or iPad, try connecting using that to see if an app or setting in the phone is causing the problem.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 21, 2021 5:47 AM in response to nipun295

It's impossible to tell without doing some basic checks first.

• Update the AirPods - put them in the case, close the lid, and plug in the charging cable. Leave your phone nearby and don't touch anything for 30 minutes.

• Try resetting the AirPods. Forget it in Bluetooth on your phone. Then put the AirPods in the case, hold setup button - don't let go until the light changes color (mine takes 20 seconds). Your phone should ask you to setup "AirPods" instead of your name like "Joe's AirPods". Otherwise, repeat.

• Check if your phone is connected to other Bluetooth things like Apple Watch - disconnect and see if that helps. I find that interference around me like wireless keyboard/mouse sometimes drops the connection.

• If you have another iPhone or iPad, try connecting using that to see if an app or setting in the phone is causing the problem.

Iphone 11 Bluetooth issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.