You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update to 14

What can I do when I receive an error installing an update 14.4.1 on my iPad. Unable t o install update. It asks me to try again or remind me later. What can I do.

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 7:26 PM

2 replies

Mar 22, 2021 7:49 PM in response to Druiz57

If cannot, Try updating it with your mac or PC

1. Download iTunes (If you are using PC)
  2. Backup your iPad (you can use iCloud Backup or use itunes backup. Click Backup iPad on your mac)
  3. go to ipsw.me
  4. Choose your iPad model and choose iPadOS 14.4.1
  5. click on Download
  6. Set your iPad in Recovery Mode (Press Home button and Power button during startup if the iPad you’re using doesn’t have face ID. Press Power Button and volume up and down button if the ipad you’re using have Face ID.)
  7. connect the ipad into your mac or PC
  8. Back pn your PC or mac, press option while clicking Restore.
  9. choose the ipsw file you have downloaded
  10. Do the setup.
  11. For more information, visit - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

Or do these instead.

1. Click on check for Updates.
  2. Click Update.
  3. Done

Mar 23, 2021 7:17 AM in response to Calvin_BT

Finally I was able to download and install the OS update. The process that I had to go through was as follows;

The day before yesterday I trying doing the update with a Mac and was giving me an error saying that the some file was corrupted. Tried 3 time and gave up. I tried this process since I did not have enough space in my iPad.

Yesterday I tried again, but this time I removed as much stuff I could and finally was able to download the file. Now installing the update was the problem. Tried probably 4 times. Removed the download twice, but Before I removed it the last time, the only different thing I did was to change the update from manual to automatic update from Apple.

With the auto update selected, I removed the download. Turned the power off. Wait a little and turned it on. Verified my storage was enough and then started the Check for update process and selected the Download and Install update. Today in the morning, the download was complete. Selected the install and it went through.

I don’t know if it will work for you, but is something else one can try.

Good luck.

Unable to update to 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.