You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro/Apple TV Mirroring Running Time Strip at Bottom Does Not Go Away

I have been using my MacBook Pro off and on, mirroring on Apple TV, to watch films on Vimeo. Recently, when going full screen, the running time indicator at the bottom of the screen does not disappear. This just started. I'm using Safari and 11.2.3. It's annoying, kinda like the old VCRs which counted down the running time.

Any idea?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 4:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 6:02 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

[Vimeo is available on the Apple TV (4th generation or later) through its App Store.]

When using AirPlay screen mirroring, check the position of the pointer to not be near the controller/timeline, so it will fade out.

You don’t have to screen mirror, when Safari offers in-app AirPlay, which Vimeo supports. That should be easier on your network and on your Mac, as it forwards the source video, instead of capturing the screen and encoding that as an on-the-fly new streaming movie.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 23, 2021 6:02 AM in response to SlimDortch

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

[Vimeo is available on the Apple TV (4th generation or later) through its App Store.]

When using AirPlay screen mirroring, check the position of the pointer to not be near the controller/timeline, so it will fade out.

You don’t have to screen mirror, when Safari offers in-app AirPlay, which Vimeo supports. That should be easier on your network and on your Mac, as it forwards the source video, instead of capturing the screen and encoding that as an on-the-fly new streaming movie.

MacBook Pro/Apple TV Mirroring Running Time Strip at Bottom Does Not Go Away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.