You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X recognizes my midi controller at all times, but randomly stops receiving inputs from it.

So I've been using my Alesis Nitro electronic drum kit with Logic Pro X. Was working for a bit and then randomly Logic stopped receiving inputs from the kit. Still getting inputs on the drum module's end, but Logic is picking up none of it.

Here's the thing, in both the "Inputs" tab of the MIDI preferences, and in the "MIDI Controllers" tab of Control Surfaces preferences, it's there. Still recognizes the device as "Alesis Nitro."

And the REAL kicker: if i hit "Reset All MIDI Drivers" in the General tab of MIDI preferences, it works... for a random amount of time between 1-10 seconds... and then stops. I hit the "Reset All MIDI Drivers" button, and when I hit drum pads I can hear the kit through Drum Kit Designer, and Logic is receiving inputs, but ONLY for the next couple seconds, and then it doesn't receive inputs anymore.

This is super frustrating, if somebody could please help it would be much appreciated.

M1 Mac Mini 256 GB SSD 8GB RAM

Logic Pro Version 10.6.1

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 3:14 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 25, 2021 1:09 PM in response to casertanick

Hi there,

I am going to assume that there is a Midi message in the background causing a disruption. Here is good way to test this.

• test the same keyboard on another DAW if you have one
  • test this one another computer if you have one
  • try changing the usb cable (seemingly insignificant perhaps but may work)
  • make sure that modulation/pitch wheel are reset to their original values (if any)

I really like apps like Audiobin Recorder because it literally shows you in real time if audio and Midi are going through your system. For those of us that need support with audio engineering, this is a good find.

Hope this helps and solves your query,

Eddie G.

Apr 23, 2021 10:45 AM in response to casertanick

This problem is happening to me too, but my situation seems tied to Big Sur.

Moved from MacBook Pro 2017 model to Mini M1. After several issues that arose after migrating Logic data to the M1, I thought everything was working fine. But I discovered while playing Heavy+ drum patch on both my keyboard and my Akai MPD218 after around 10 seconds all drums will stop. I can do the same reset of MIDI and it will work again. Or I can wait and it will start working again.

I thought it was related to the Akai and Big Sur until I discovered last night this happens on the Casio keyboard too. This makes it seem like it's Logic causing the issue. I've try a different DAC and built in sound but it still fails after 30 seconds or so.

Like the OP this is very frustrating.

Jeff

Logic Pro X recognizes my midi controller at all times, but randomly stops receiving inputs from it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.