You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro static on Zoom

my AirPods Pro are choppy and stuttering only on Zoom. work great everywhere else. MacBook Air SW version 10.15.7. Have tried removing and reinstalling Zoom. Zoom help online is useless unless you want to pay. only thing I haven't looked into is the AirPods firmware version. Anyone have experience with. fixing this? Everything I have found online has not worked.

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 7:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 7:01 PM

I'm having the exact same problem. Only with Zoom. My AirPods Pro work fine with all other audio (streaming and local) on all my devices. I have a Zoom class tomorrow, so I will test it out with a different pair of bluetooth headphones.

7 replies

May 16, 2021 3:58 PM in response to jfk0121

I've just purchased a new set of Airpod Pros today. I have tried them with my iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro, and HP Spectre x360. They worked great on all these three devices while talking on the phone, listening to music (Spotify), and watching videos (Netflix). However, when I start a Zoom meeting on my HP and increase the volume of the headset somewhere closer to the mid-levels, static starts and makes talking and hearing very difficult. The same problem happens when I try Zoom with my Dell XPS too. I also tried Zoom with my iPad Pro, and there was no static at all. So, I think this only happens when you use Zoom on Windows with AirPod Pros. I hope Apple looks into this problem immediately as millions are on Zoom daily to work and study nowadays.

Mar 25, 2021 6:40 PM in response to jfk0121

Hi there jfk012,

We understand you're having some issues with your AirPods sound quality, when using them in Zoom.

The following page offers guidance that may be helpful: If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted

If you need more help, let us know if you also use an iPhone, and the version of iOS installed on that device.

We hope this helps!

Mar 26, 2021 7:50 PM in response to jfk0121

Thanks for getting back to us jfk0121,

Do you pair your AirPods with your iPhone pretty regularly, and is your iPhone up to date? We ask, because doing so ensure the AirPods firmware is up to date as well. If you're not sure, tap Settings > Bluetooth > AirPods. From there, tap the "i", then scroll down to the About section to see the firmware version. Let us know what you see there.

If you have access to another pair of bluetooth headphones you can use on your Mac, that can help isolate the behavior as well. Set up a Bluetooth audio device to work with Mac. If you're able to try, let us know whether audio in Zoom works with a different Bluetooth headset, or if you encounter the same behavior.

Cheers!

AirPods Pro static on Zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.