You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to check for updates The request timed out.

Hi All,

I've the lates OS update installed on my Mac (macOS Big Sur 11.2.3) but when I check if there's a software update available it shows the error message attached. Rebooting didn't solved the problem! Any advise? Thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 2:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 3:59 PM

that might mean that your internet is temporarily having a small connectivity issue. it's nothing to be worried about. just try again later. and i notice you have "automatically keep my mac up to date" selected. there's no problem with having it set that way. but maybe try de-selecting that, reboot, and then manually check for updates again. however, i'm not certain that will work as i have always had auto updates turned off.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2021 3:59 PM in response to MTNKY

that might mean that your internet is temporarily having a small connectivity issue. it's nothing to be worried about. just try again later. and i notice you have "automatically keep my mac up to date" selected. there's no problem with having it set that way. but maybe try de-selecting that, reboot, and then manually check for updates again. however, i'm not certain that will work as i have always had auto updates turned off.

Unable to check for updates The request timed out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.